Traveller's Assistance

Travel assistance is a term in use throughout much of the world which refers to a service which provides help, primarily during emergencies when travelling. We hope this section will provide you with the information and resources you need to ensure your safety and confidence when travelling abroad.

Useful Links

Carry-on or checked Baggage?
Carry-on Liquids, Food and Personal Items
Not sure what you can bring when you travel - try this search
Travel with a child
Universal Currency Converter
Canadian Border Wait Times

The Transport Canada Web site
The U.S Transportation Security Administration's Web site.
Canada Border Services Agency
Canadian Transportation Agency - Resolving Disputes, Code of Practices, Disabilities
Embassies and Consulates for Canada
Fly Smart - Canadian Transportation Agency
Her own way - a woman's safe-travel guide

Know how your insurance covers you with InsurEye


Consumer Protection

If you do not receive satisfaction from the involved agency, supplier or other company, you can take your complaint to ACTA, by following the conditions of filing a consumer complaints depending on where you live or where your travel originated.

The Provinces of Ontario, Québec and British Columbia have regulations which members of the travel industry must follow. In these provinces, you can contact the provincial consumer protection office in your region to discuss and lodge your complaint:


Ontario - Travel Industry Council of Ontario (TICO)

Tel: 905-624-6241
Toll Free: 1-888-451-8426 (TICO)

Consumer Complaints Page:



Québec - Office de la protection du consommateur (OPC)

Tel: 514-253-6556



British Columbia - Consumer Protection BC

Tel: 604-320-1667 or 1-888-564-9963